In Dungeons and Dragonkin, your social justice warrior’s abilities are measured with five stats. These are:
- Social Justice Cred (SC): This represents your SJW’s status in the social justice community, serving the purpose HP does in other systems. Doing well in fights raises it while doing poorly lowers it. If it reaches zero, your SJW dies.
- Conviction (CON): Shows how much your SJW truly believes in their arguments. Statements such as “My identity as a toaster is real to me and nothing you say will ever change that” would be governed by conviction. It is both an offensive and defensive stat, serving the purpose of stats such as Strength and Constitution.
- Pedantry (PED): Pedantry is a more refined stat, representing your SJW’s ability to pick out the small but significant flaws in opponents’ arguments, possibly avoiding having to confront their larger points by flooding them with minutiae. It is a nimble SJW’s stat, serving as Agility and Dexterity.
- Jargon (JAR): Your SJW’s encyclopedic knowledge of labels, oppression schema, complex and multipurpose pronouns, and the dynamics of privilege that allows them to know exactly where they and others lie on the convoluted oppression matrix. This serves the purpose of stats such as Intelligence and Wisdom.
- Rhetoric (RHE): This is the ability to bring up long-winded and complex arguments that are often too heavy for an opponent to even parse. If you’ve ever seen someone begin a philosophical discussion on the knowability of identity, then you know how RHE functions. A somewhat defensive stat, it takes the place of stats like Charisma and Willpower.
All four of these stats combined will represent the balance and style of your SJW, making them a unique snowflake even among others in similar situations. They are all used in combat in various ways, and each skill or ability has a base stat that it receives bonuses from.
Hopefully from the stats you can visualize the type of social justice warrior you want to play as. You could check the privilege of fiendish trollkin (or Homestuck trollkin) with your powerful and self-righteous conviction, precise and deadly pedantry, awe-inspiring and dizzying jargon, or incomprehensible and draining rhetoric.